Concert Photos: Barrie New Music Festival 2009

Little Sunday @ The Mansion Night Club

The second annual Barrie New Music Festival ran from September 10-13 this year. It featured over 75 live artists of various genres. I managed to make it out to see a few acts this year. Not as many as I had hoped but a decent number.

Trainlight @ The Mansion Night Club

Performances were spread out among ten venues in the city of Barrie and on the final night a showcase of some of the best of the festival was held along with an award ceremony.

The artists were from many categories not just rock. What I love about these festivals is that you really get a good chance to see new musicians you normally wouldn't get a chance to see. Some of the most memorable performances I was able to catch were by the very fun Little Sunday, Trainlight, Aussie Marta, Stereo Goes Stellar, Three Penny Opus, Atlantis Blueprint and Grant Boyer.

The most fun band closed off the awards. MicLordz and Sauce Funky are probably not in the genre of music that I'd see myself running out to see. However these guys put on a really good live show. Lots of energy and Lots of fun to shoot! One artist I regret not being able to see as part of this festival was Barrie's own Jill Jambour. I'll have to make a point to catching one of her performances as soon as I can.

Be sure to check out the Barrie New Music Festival site for the list of all participants, award winners and more photos.

MicLordz & Sauce Funky @ The Mansion Night Club

MicLordz & Sauce Funky @ The Mansion Night Club

Marta @ The Mansion Night Club

Stereo Goes Stellar @ The Mansion Night Club

Three Penny Opus @ The Mansion Night Club

Atlantis Blueprint @ The Last Class
Grant Boyer @ The Mansion Night Club