Concert Photos and Review: Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace - 09.25.2009

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace

Ok so I tend to follow Barrie area bands somewhat. What can I say I know the reality of having to make the trip up the 400 hiway daily and there is always a special place in my heart for those bands from the region. Having missed their cd release show at El Mocambo last month I was definitely looking forward to catching Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace this time around. The last time I saw them play in Toronto was in October. Now I already liked Fox Jaws at the time but it was the first time I had chance to hear Carleigh Aikins voice in its raspy splendour at a venue with half decent sound.

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace

This time around Fox Jaws played more tunes from their second release "At Odds" which has received some pretty good reviews. On the new album Daniel Allen steps up to the mic a lot more and it is the combination of the two that bring together a great track like "Ahab's Ghost". Much has been said about the "cigarette" vocals of Carleigh Aikins which I find very powerful on a couple of the new tracks "Two By Two" and "Dirty Floors" that just left me wanting more. Her vocals and passion displayed by the band is captivating and should garner them a few more fans everytime they play live. Anyone attending POP Montreal this week should go check them out.

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace

Fox Jaws @ Lee's Palace