Concert Photos and Review: A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb - 12.03.2009

A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb

A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb

I had a chance to check out A Primitive Evolution (A.P.E.) at the Reverb for their self titled CD release party. I had seen them once before opening for Toronto's The Birthday Massacre back in May at the Mod Club. Quite simply they rocked my face off. Since then I've been eagerly awaiting a chance to see them live once again.

A primitive Evolution is made up of Brett Carruthers on vocals/guitar, Steph Seki bass, Dim Darkside on guitars, Stu Playdead on drums and recent addition Steve Minor on keys/guitar.

A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb

I haven't had a chance to listen to the cd yet but have been constantly monitoring the bands myspace and facebook page for updates so I had a good idea of what I was going to be hearing. Although A.P.E. is a relatively new band formed in late 2007 their past experience is very evident in their live performance. The band possesses the confidence and on stage presence of seasoned rock veterans.

A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb

Dressed in their Playdead Cult attire the band pounded out hard hitting rock songs that should garner quite a bit of interest. The brilliant "Beyond True" , what I consider to be a radio ready hit energized the crowd. I heard one of their fans exclaim "That's a great f**king song!". My sentiments exactly. Other hard highlights were "Empty Holes", "Still Waiting" and the fantastically fun "Death on Wheels". If you haven't heard of A.P.E. yet check them out. 2010 should be a very good year.

A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb


A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb


A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb


A Primitive Evolution @ The Reverb